Warehouse Assistant / Truck Driver
Warehouse Assistants are responsible for receiving orders in the warehouse, processing and delivering equipment and materials to job sites supported by the Syracuse office.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Must comply with all company safety and personnel policies.
- Must demonstrate the ability to load/unload, secure load, obey highway traffic regulations and deliver equipment and materials in a timely manner as not to delay production on job sites and in the timeline as agreed to with your manager.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stoop, kneel, lift overhead, work at heights, walk/work in rough terrain in order to access equipment, tools, materials and jobsite in order to complete work, and be able to occasionally lift and carry 75 lbs.
- Must be able to perform pre-trip inspection on vehicle, keep trucks and associated equipment clean and in good working order, report any mechanical issues immediately.
- Must be willing to travel to any and all job sites without exception under the direction of your manager; report all delays, accidents or other infringements that would hinder timely delivery to your manager and job site via company cell phone.
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary in order to achieve the goals agreed to that day with your manager. All hours worked over forty (40) hours in a week are considered as overtime and will be paid accordingly.
Percentage of Work Duties
It is expected that this job will consist of an even mix of warehouse work and driving. Warehouse work shall consist of the following:
- Cleaning/organizing the warehouse and yard
- Inventorying materials and tools
- Staging deliveries including verifying the contents of the delivery to packing slips against purchase orders
- General office, building and grounds maintenance
- Receive and unload deliveries with hand and/or power fork trucks
- Must possess and maintain a valid New York State Class B CDL driver’s license with air brakes at a minimum – Class A preferred
- Must pass a background check and/or security clearance
- Must possess a clean driving record
- Must pass a drug screen prior to employment; may be subject to random screenings
- Must understand written and verbal instruction and processes; weights/calculations and communicate verbally and in writing when applicable
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Experience is preferred but not required
- Positive attitude for resolving issues as they arise
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as part of a team
Candidates must submit a current resume to be considered for this position
Directions for Application
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.