We are seeking a high-performance Project Coordinator for our Buffalo New York Office. This position serves an important role in helping various functions of the team operate at peak efficiency. You will be responsible for coordinating support efforts for projects from start to close-out, provide administrative support for the General Manager and multiple Project Managers, answer phones, and coordinate scheduling as well as perform various general administrative tasks. You will also coordinate office activities and operations as needed to support a busy and growing office.
The right person for this job is self-motivated, detail-oriented, computer savvy and efficient at keeping up with a busy work environment that changes daily. We are looking for someone with strong initiative that will take responsibility for tasks, promote teamwork and collaboration, and possess strong organizational planning and management skills.
As a Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for multiple support roles for construction projects as well as general office support roles. This position will include performing various functions including, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Project Managers with job setups and document control through life-cycle of project, providing frequent communication to management team with project status updates.
- Be diligent with record keeping according to company policies, including project documents and safety reports.
- Assist with all functions of scheduling including contract billing, manpower, kickoff and descope, training, and others as necessary.
- Provide operational support for projects including meal and hotel reservations, travel accommodations, project setup/closeout documents, etc. as necessary.
- Provide administrative support including ordering plans and specs, bid preparation, ordering bonds, maintaining work request logs, manage contract agreements, insurances and certificates, and various other functions as needed by Division and Project Managers as well as Foremen.
- Be involved in implementing company policy, methodologies, procedures and best practices as they apply to company’s project management process.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more areas, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Software, including Microsoft Project, Prolog – Timberline/Primavera is a plus
- Must be proficient in decision-making and time management skills and demonstrate leadership traits to be successful in a busy, supportive role for a large team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus, but will train the right person
- Proficient in the use of computerized office systems is required
- Experience with construction software such as Timberline, Prolog, Enterprise Estimating Software and Microsoft Project is a plus but not required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a relevant position within the construction industry is preferred.
Directions for Application
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.