O’Connell Electric Company is a full-service electrical contractor serving New York State and surrounding regions of the northeast. We maintain fully staffed offices in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and the Albany metro area along with our corporate headquarters in Victor, NY.
Founded in 1911, the company has steadily grown into one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States. We provide comprehensive design build, construction, service, maintenance, and emergency response services to customers across the Northeast. Our dedicated service divisions cover all key areas of the industry from electrical construction, power generation, substations, and transmission/distribution to transportation, technical services, renewable energy, and communications.
O’Connell offers competitive salaries, bonus potential, profit sharing* and a complete benefits package depending on job classification.
Full Time Position with Benefits
* Certain conditions apply for bonus and profit sharing. Details to be discussed upon interview.
Power Group – Rochester Office
We are seeking experienced, energetic, career-minded Project Managers/Estimators that want to be challenged, recognized and rewarded for their contributions and hard work. We have always attributed our success to the loyalty and work ethic of our employees.
If you are looking for an opportunity in a high-performance, innovative culture with strong ethics in a supportive team environment, we want to hear from you.
As a Project Manager, you will be the central person responsible for bringing projects in on time, within budget, with quality workmanship, and meeting customer expectations. you are responsible for scheduling and sequencing construction activities involving components such as labor, materials, equipment and sub-contractors. You will also manage and resolve various conflicts that may arise on projects and ensure that the work environment is productive and safe.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned based on your position’s role within the applicable corporate division.
- Maintain accountability for project execution and successful completion
- Act as the primary contact with the client in delivery of project
- Participate in transitional meetings with Division Managers and/or estimating department to review plans and specifications to gain understanding of project
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards according to corporate policies
- Coordinate and interface will all project team members while promoting and maintaining open communication
- Collaborate with co-workers and other supporting offices or divisions to achieve deliverables
- Organize all project documents and drawings using designated software and according to corporate policies
- Accurately forecast project costs, expenses and utilization of resources
- Manage and direct subcontractors and manage material procurement
- Manage day-to-day administrative items such as, RFIs, submittals, contracts, change order requests, etc.
- Lead periodic project meetings both internally and with the customer, and assume responsibility to ensure all deliverables are achieved
- Implement lessons learned and strive for continuous improvement while embracing technology enhancements
- Perform project close out and cost reconciliation
(not listed in order of importance):
We prefer that qualified candidates have a minimum of five years of project management experience in the electrical construction industry.
- Strong project management, estimating and cost control skills
- Demonstrated understanding of civil, architectural, mechanical and general construction techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Strong planning, leadership and team building skills
- Proficient in the use of computerized systems and project management software – specifically MS Office, MS Project, Primavera (P6) and Accubid estimating software
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
Directions for Applying
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
O’Connell Electric Company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.