After three years of planning and designing, Lourdes master facility project—now called Mission 2012: Building Tomorrow’s Healthcare Today will bring new technology to Lourdes and provide patients with a more streamlined system of obtaining outpatient services. The project consists of multiple construction phases, beginning in March 2009 with the estimated completion in October 2012.
The project will include:
• Expansion and modernization of the Emergency Department
• Addition of a new open MRI
• Addition of two new surgical suites
• FEMA approved and funded flood wall
• Construction of a new Ambulatory Care Building that will house Lourdes’ Gastroenterology (GI) Suite, a registration area, an outpatient blood draw lab area, a pre-admission testing area and Lourdes Rehabilitation Department
• A new two-story main entrance connecting the new Ambulatory Care Building and the existing hospital
• Expansion, redesign and modernization of the Radiology Department
• A multi-story parking garage will be the final phase beginning in 2012
Work on the project formally began on April 1st.